Helambu trek is another easy accessible and short trekking trail in Langtang region. The scenery and favorable climate is makeing Helambu trekking popular among other trekking in Langtang. Beside the Helambu trekking is less crowded and free from noise in comparison with other trekking region in Nepal.
|September, October, November, March, April, May
|Trip Starts From
Helambu trek offers a wide range of cultures and spectacular scenery. Helambu trek is an opportunity of getting touch with people of west to east Himalaya and create diverse interest and enthusiasm towards nature. Helambu trekking trail passes through the second largest conserved National Park of Nepal enriched by 1000 species of flora and 150 different species of birds and many wild animals such musk deer, Himalayan black bear, Himalayan Thar, ghoral, monkeys etc.
Helambu trekking trail cross by several Tamang and Sherpa villages’ with watching spectacular mountain views of Langtang, Ganesh Himal, Dorje Lhakpa and other small mountains of Langtang range. The Helambu trekking starts from Sundarijal after 30 minutes drive from Kathmandu to Sundarijal. From Sundarijal trekking trail goes along the village like Chisopani, Kutumsang, Tharepati and descend to Tarke Ghyang, Sarmathang, Kakani, Talamarang finalley we reach Melamchi bazaar then drive back to Kathmandu.
TREKKING ROUTE ITINERARY
Day 01 : Trek from Chisopani to Kutumsang – 6 hrs:
Trail goes continusly through terraced fields, tiny hamlets and stretches of grassy open hillside and finally get Kutumsang. Overnight at a lodge.
Day 02 : Trek from Kutumsang to Tharepati (3597m) – 6hrs:
We start our trek and our trail cross prickly leaved oak forest and we countinue our trail with watching excellent views of the mountains and the Helambu valley then we reach at Tharepati. We will have excellent close up views of Gosainkunda and surrounding high mountains from Tharepati. Overnight at a lodge.
Day 03 : Trek from Tharepati to Melamchi Gaun – 4hrs:
Our trails starts a short, steep descent through mixed fir and rhododendron forest rich with bird life. We get Melamchi Gaun. Overnight at a lodge.
Day 04 : Trek from Melamchi Gaun to Tarkegyang – 4hrs:
The trail descends to the Melamchi rive then it starts to ascent up the other side of the valley and get Tarkegyang via an 18th century Gompa. Overnight at a lodge
Day 05 : Trek from Tarkegyang to Sermathang to Kakani – 6hrs:
We start a flat pleasant walk to Shermathang through forest and reach an Sherpa village of Shermathang where will be the beat location to have a lunch. From Shermathang we continue our trail to Kakani, in the clear day the trail provides a good views of Ganesh Himal, Langtang, Gosainkunda and Rolwaling. We arrive Kakani by late afternoon and Overnight at a lodge.
Day 06 : Trek from Tarkegyang to Melamchi Bazaar – 3.30hrs & drive back to Kathmandu – 4hrs:
Our trail starts to descen Malamchi Bazaar which takes about 3 hours and 30 minutes. From Melamchi Bazaar we drive back to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
- Land Transportation (KATHMANDU-SUNDARIJAL) & (MELAMCHI- KATHMANDU) by private vehicle.
- English Speaking experienced Trained/Licensed Holder Guide during the Trek.
- Porter during the Whole Trek ( one porter for two people).
- Lang tang National Park Trek Permit, TIMS card & Any required permits or Official Documentation
- Full Board basis Meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) during the trekking in mountain area.
- Selected Tea house Lodge/Guest house Accommodations during Trek( Shared Toilets/ bathroom)
- Insurance, Daily Wages, Equipments and all meals & Lodges of Porters and Guide in Whole Trek
- First Aid Kid Box( for Normal Treatment only)
- Government taxes & Other Applicable Fees
- International Airfare to and from your country
- Nepal Visa fee: Nepal entry visa ( US$ 40 or equivalent foreign currency for 30 days . you will also require 2 passport size photos.)
- Any Alcoholic Drinks, Cold Drinks, Boiled & Mineral Water, Beverages Etc in Trek
- Tips for Trekking & other employed staffs which is not mandatory but expected.
- Hot Shower, Battery Charges( Available in Trek with Extra cost or Free in some lodges)
- Unforeseen Cost such as Flight Cancellation or Delayed, Sick in Trek, and Helicopter rescue in Trek. Cost due to bad weather etc which is out of our control
- Any Other Cost, which is not mentioned in Cost Includes Items as Above